The Division ’16 Trailer & Beta Date
A lot of details were divulged in this latest trailer:
- Canine unit (unknown to the extent of how it will be employed since Massive has previously confirmed that there will be no animal companions)
- DBNO group heal/revival (LB+RB special skill)
- Base of Operations progression (NPCs will populate it the further it’s upgraded)
- Deployable fixed ballistic shield (ala R6: Siege)
- Better graphic fidelity
- Bounties (possibly timed or weekly events)
- Weapon customization depth (i.e. mag pull, weapon skins, scopes/sights, suppressors, grips)
- Boss fight (the heavy Cleaner- Benchley)
- Agent safe houses which serve as social hubs
The beta is planned for Thursday, Jan. 28th, for XB1 & the 29th for PC & PS4 according to several retailers.
However, that date has yet to be officially confirmed by Ubisoft even though their customer service have already let the cat out of the bag. The Division Facebook page just confirmed that the beta date is real. They do have a community event that started today, and the alpha started exactly a week after their previous event. So everything points to the leaked beta date as being authentic.