New One Sku On It’s Way For $399 (Rumor)
Some feller over at NeoGaf got some “insider info” on Microsoft’s plans for 2014 regarding the Xbox One, including MS planning on releasing a new version of the One for $100 cheaper without the disc drive. Since some of us are looking to going all digital (4G) this is a step in the right direction. There’s also some info on a Limited Edition Titanfall One (effin’ sexy might I add), Halo 2 Anniversary, Titanfall DLC, among others. Check the full story here.
Full list of info as follows:
- Forza Horizon: “Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and… shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros.”
- White Xbone incoming.
- Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? “I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn’t going to hurt anything, truthfully. We’re all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. “
- Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
- Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
- Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
- Is not Phil Spencer
- Black Tusk cancelled project was called “Shangheist.” May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure…)
- Fable Legends is Summer 2015
- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
- Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
- First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
- No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it’s a 2016 title.
- A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
- No info/idea on what Rare’s up to, sadly.
- $399 XB1 this year? “Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive.”