BF3 Expansion PackS Announced!
DICE has announced three BF3 expansion packs: Close Quarters (June), Armored Kill (autumn), and End Game (winter). From their press release:
KEY FEATURES [of Close Quarters]
- Get plunged into frantic and relentless infantry combat
- Check your corners as death can come from any angle
- HD destruction lets you reduce entire locales to ruin
- Earn new weapons and bring them back to the base game
- Complete new assignments and equip unique dog tags
- Play in new ways, mixing team play and instant action
Publisher: Electronic Arts Developer: DICE Formats: Playstation 3PCXbox 360
Release: June 2012 Players: 2-16 Rating: M+ / ESRB 16
The HD Destruction in Close Quarters lets players riddle the environment with bullets, reducing entire locales to ruin. Everything from furniture to plaster can be shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor. The tight level design and many opportunities for vertical gameplay mean players will need to bring their A game if they want to stay alive in this highly competitive theater of war.
This fall will also bring the expansion pack Battlefield 3: Armored Kill. Featuring all-out vehicle warfare with new tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery, it also includes the biggest map in Battlefield history. Come winter, it is time for the fourth expansion pack Battlefield 3: End Game.