Omar: I'll do what I can to help y'all. But, the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple.
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: The game done changed...
Slim Charles: Game's the same, just got more fierce.
Something I always wanted to do was record the audio of our party chat sessions. How much more I wish we had done so now that one of our raggedy ass gang is gone.
I have been wanting to acknowledge our loss on the site somehow, but I don’t think I will ever figure out a good way to do that. Still, we (or at least I) cannot just let Grymmie’s passing go without saying something here.
Several times this past week, we had stellar no-lose runs of Gears, but I always like to quit on a high note, which sometimes means only 1 or 2 games for the night. That leaves the rest of the time looking for something to do. Just in time for the weekend, EA is offering the Battlefront Beta to all of us on the One (October 8th-12th). Noobs will abound and we shall dominate, if we decide to join Force-s. I don’t know about you, but I need lots of laughter to keep an even keel these days. Join me?
Here is some more info about the beta:
The Beta includes three modes spread across three iconic planets, including:
- Walker Assault on Hoth: Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire’s onslaught of AT-AT’s by calling in Y-wing bombers. Or, side with the Empire and protect your walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
- Drop Zone on Sullust: Escape pods are crashing down and you and your team must fight to control them. With its frantic 8v8 matches, Drop Zone is sure to put your combat and strategy skills to the test.
- Survival Mission on Tatooine: Play alone or with a friend via co-op or split-screen as you battle to hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-ST’s, TIE fighters, elite stormtroopers, and more.
Steve Murphy, among others, is interviewed.
The footage above is not a boast, just a good ending to a round on Hard and a showcase of the RS:S gameplay. Lots of noob mistakes (including forgetting to use 3 round bursts at the beginning) but lots of fun. I definitely want to pick this up after it gets discounted. The team awareness and cooperation necessary to be successful is reminiscent of L4D. That is an itch I haven’t scratched in a long time.
This is a short, but very cool video on the technology and methods used to enhance stat gathering in baseball. It is where video games and real life are merging. Less than 6 minutes. Must watch vid!
The Coalition just released their latest title update, & it comes in at a whopping 4.5gb. TC has been listening to the community’s complaints of the Gnasher’s inconsistencies along with poor spawn points on ring-based game modes. There are still glaring bugs that they need to address such as the game chat and weapon refusing to fire after respawning. Also, the abuse of the two-piece hasn’t received any official discussion whatsoever.
Here’s the rundown of what this latest TU consists of:
General improvements to the consistency of the Gnasher.
- Gnasher pellets now always shoot in a consistent pattern.
- Removed “Idle State” from MP which could cause shooting trajectory to be more random.
- Fixed a bug where some Gnasher shots were reporting as headshots incorrectly.
- Removal of “Idle State” from Multiplayer, which could result in your first shot landing off center if you hadn’t aimed or fired your weapon after a small period of time”
Other game improvements:
- Improvements to player spawn locations for Blitz and King of the Hill on the following maps:
– War Machine
– Old Bones
- Fixes for invisible collision on some Multiplayer maps including:
– Mansion: Area around Boomshot
– Clocktower: Debris at top middle of map
- Reduced flinching (camera shake) when taking damage in Multiplayer to be consistent with Gears
- Changed Re-Up system to retain unlocked characters when “re-upping” (Player Level in Multiplayer)
- Spectator Mode now displays match score in the HUD
- Audio improvements for footstep and movement sounds behind the player
- Improvements to server stability
- Fixed a crash when muting players with a spectator in the game
- Fixed a bug where dead bodies could sometimes cause players to roll instead of move into cover
- General bug fixes and improvements